Web Development Oxford - Maintenance and MonitoringWebsites can be left alone, but like a small child, they’re better if they are nurtured to help them develop to their full potential.
Web Development Oxford is all about developing your website to it’s full potential.
Websites, especially WordPress sites, have regular updates to the software, themes and plug-ins. WordPress is used by more than 23% of the top 10 million websites (January 2015) making it a prime target for hackers, so these updates are mainly security related.
Your website also needs regular backups, “just in case”. Imagine if for some reason your server (where the website files are stored) were to fail for some reason… your entire site could be lost and you’d have to start again from scratch. If you have a backup it can be installed with the minimum of fuss and you’ll be up and running again in no time.
Then there’s analytical data… Do you understand what Google Analytics is telling you about your SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)? It’s a great tool for monitoring your website and letting you know what your site’s visitors are doing, where they come from etc. but only if you can interpret the reports.
What about plagiarism? Did you know that Google will score down sites that have duplicate content? In other words if someone copies and pastes some of the wonderful text from your website onto theirs, Google may view it as copy and mark you both down! Do you know how to check this?
Then there are updates… Google loves fresh content.
As part of our service, we offer a range of three monthly maintenance, monitoring and development packages. Just like you take your car to the garage for a regular service, we’ll maintain and service your website. Web development Oxford.
Web Development Oxford with Web SEO Assist…
Maintenance and Support Packages.
- Back ups – The most important thing you can do for your website is to back it up.
We will install and configure a system to carry out weekly backups of your database and monthly full backups of your website. We will then store the two most recent database backups and one full backup. We can also configure the system to create the same back ups and store them in a shared Dropbox folder that you will also have access to.
So, If for some reason something happened to your website, we will have up to date backups of your site which can be installed, keeping your “downtime” to a minimum. Web development Oxford.
- Updates – WordPress is continually improving and, as one of the most popular website platforms, is unfortunately, a target for hackers. Therefore WordPress is constantly evolving and regularly releases updates. These need to be checked for compatibility and installed.
All updates to software, themes and plug-ins will be carried out on your behalf. As we work designing websites we often come across new plug-ins etc. that we feel would benefit other websites. We would recommend these to you and ask if you’d like to have them installed on to your site as part of your monthly maintenance and support package. Web development Oxford.
- Analytics/Ranking – With the Silver and Gold packages, we will provide weekly statistics, assimilated into a monthly report, looking at ten meaningful key areas for your website. We keep tabs on these 10 keys metrics showing things like how many unique visitors your site has had, which are the most visited pages, where visitors are coming from and where they go. Useful information for any website owner!
We also keep an eye on your Google ranking for your keywords, monitoring how your website is performing against the competition. That way we can advise on ways to improve your ranking. Web development Oxford.
Additional Development – With the Silver and Gold packages we include 30 minutes per month (or you can purchase more time if you think you need it) to carry out updates to your site. For example;
Tweaking text to rank better.
Re-sizing/optimising and tagging images, then uploading them for you.
Working with rough blog drafts from you, tidying them up and publishing in a format that works for both your customers and SEO.
But, this needs your input too. We can encourage you to write rough blogs about relevant things in your industry, but you’ll need to provide the rough content. We can also supply a higher level service, through a third party, where we can write blog content from scratch for you and post to social media. Web development Oxford.
- Plagiarism – With the Silver and Gold packages we will carry out monthly internet wide plagiarism checks for your website. It’s not uncommon for people to copy photos, text or even entire pages to their own websites (we’ve experienced it ourselves several times). Unfortunately, Google often takes the view that it doesn’t know which was the original and therefore penalises both sites by dropping their rankings. It’s important to spot plagiarism quickly and take action against it. Web development Oxford.
- Skype Video Chat – Silver and Gold packages also includes a 15 minute Skype once a month to talk through “face to face” what’s been going on with your site over the last month. We’ll do this a few days after we’ve emailed your monthly written report, so that you’ve got time to review it and think of any questions.
- Web Hosting – Think of hosting as like a big filing cabinet, where your web pages are stored. Then, when someone searches for a term that your website is aimed at, that page is put forward for them to see.
We will host your new website on our UK based private server for your first year. After this, we are more than happy to continue hosting your site on our server for as long as you need us, currently at £75pa.
These are our standard packages, but if you feel you’d like something a little different… maybe help with writing regular blog post, more development time or something else, then just let us know and we’ll put together something just for you.
Web development Oxford from Abingdon, Oxfordshire based Web Design company, Web SEO Assist. This slideshow video talks you through our Maintenance and Support package.