Your Websites Health and Wellbeing - Maintenance and MonitoringUnfortunately, just having a website isn’t enough. A bit like your car, it needs maintaining…
Websites should be developed over time
We build websites using WordPress, a CMS (Content Management System) used globally on 34% of all websites (that’s a lot of websites!).
If you have one of our websites, then you have administrator access to be able to update and change as needed. But, wouldn’t your time be better spent doing whatever it is that you do? We’re experts in what we do, so why not let us do it for you?
Websites can be left alone, but like a small child, they’re better if they are nurtured to help them develop to their full potential. With our websites, you can either do this yourself (you have full access to your website, the same as we do) or, you can rely on our years of experience to carry this out for you.
Web Development with Web SEO Assist…
Maintenance and Support Packages.
Silver (Quarterly)Most Popular
All maintenance and support packages involve the installation of software to enable monitoring.
Let’s just look at a few of the things that affect the health and wellbeing of your website:
- Updates to WordPress – This includes the theme being used as well as any plugins used for functionality. On average, this amounts to 20 updates per month.
- Security – For some reason, best known to themselves, there are people out there who love nothing better than trying to hack other peoples websites! We install and configure security plugins on all of the websites we build to make them as secure as possible, but they need adjustments over time and particularly in sustained attacks. If this isn’t done, your website will slow down and eventually crash due to the load.
- Page Speed – Websites slow down over time and need monitoring and tweaking to keep them in tip top condition, just like a car.
- Backups – Absolutely essential in case of disaster. With all of the updates to the software that makes your website work, eventually, one of them will cause a conflict of some kind. If this creates a fatal error, then your website won’t work. If that happens, the fastest fix is to install a recent backup.
- Analytics – How do you know how well your website works? If you don’t have/use/understand analytical software, then you won’t know how effective your website is! You need analytical reports showing things like the number of visitors to the website, what they look at and what they do, tracking right the way through to the completion of an enquiry. Without these, you’re at best guessing. Without these, you can’t improve the website over time.
- Uptime Monitoring – Unless you’re going to keep clicking on your own website to check it’s there or rely on clients getting in touch to tell you something’s wrong, you need some form of uptime monitoring. That way issues are often fixed before anyone notices.
- Google Ranking – everyone wants to be No.1 on Google, but it tends to be a slow progressive process and you want to be sure you’re moving in the right direction.
- Hosting – Where your website and possibly emails live. I don’t think I need to say, but this needs to be secure, reliable and fit for purpose. Our hosting is all of these things.
- Back ups – The most important thing you can do for your website is to back it up.
We will install and configure a system to carry out monthly full backups of your website. We will then store the most recent full backup separately to where your website is hosted.
So, If for some reason something happened to your website, we will have up to date backups of your site which can be installed, keeping your “downtime” to a minimum. Web Development Oxford.
- Updates – WordPress is continually improving and, as one of the most popular website platforms, is unfortunately, a target for hackers. Therefore WordPress is constantly evolving and regularly releases updates. These need to be checked for compatibility and installed.
All updates to software, themes and plug-ins will be carried out on your behalf. As we work designing websites we often come across new plug-ins etc. that we feel would benefit other websites. We would recommend these to you and ask if you’d like to have them installed on to your site as part of your monthly maintenance and support package. Web Development Oxford.
- Uptime Monitoring – 24/7, 365 days a year site uptime monitoring at 5 minute intervals. I will know within 5 minutes if your website is offline for some reason, meaning I can normally have it fixed before you even notice!
- Analytics/Ranking – With the Silver and Gold packages, we will provide statistics. Basic, weekly reports showing users for the past week and a monthly report, giving a huge amount of meaningful data re your website. The reports have clear summaries showing the health of your website and go on to show details such as how many unique visitors your site has had, which are the most visited pages, where visitors are coming from and where they go. Useful information for any website owner!
We also keep an eye on your Google ranking for your keywords, monitoring how your website is performing against the competition. That way we can advise on ways to improve your ranking. Web Development Oxford.
Additional Development – With the Silver and Gold packages we include 60 minutes per quarter/month (or you can purchase more time if you think you need it) to carry out updates to your site. For example;
Tweaking text to rank better.
Re-sizing/optimising and tagging images, then uploading them for you.
Working with rough blog drafts from you, tidying them up and publishing in a format that works for both your customers and SEO.
But, this needs your input too. We can encourage you to write rough blogs about relevant things in your industry, but you’ll need to provide the rough content. We can also supply a higher level service, through a third party, where we can write blog content from scratch for you and post to social media. Web Development Oxford.
- Skype Video Chat – Silver and Gold packages also includes a 15 minute Skype once a quarter/month to talk through “face to face” what’s been going on with your site over the last quarter/month. We’ll do this a few days after we’ve emailed your monthly written report, so that you’ve got time to review it and think of any questions.
- Web Hosting – Think of hosting as like a big filing cabinet, where your web pages are stored. Then, when someone searches for a term that your website is aimed at, that page is put forward for them to see.
We will host your new website on our UK based private server for your first year. After this, we are more than happy to continue hosting your site on our server for as long as you need us, currently at £75pa.
These are our standard packages, but if you feel you’d like something a little different… maybe help with writing regular blog post, more development time or something else, then just let us know and we’ll put together something just for you.
Web development Oxford from Abingdon, Oxfordshire based Web Design company, Web SEO Assist. This slideshow video talks you through our Maintenance and Support package.
We’d love to take your website under our wing to work with you
to develop it to its full potential and to protect it
from the “nasties” of the internet.
For Web Development Oxford, please click the button below for our contact details
Web Design Oxford
Web SEO Assist 43 Curtis Avenue Abingdon Oxfordshire OX14 3UL